[bt-devel] Hebrew text rendering

anthony kerr anton_kylie at pacific.net.au
Thu Jun 23 02:38:03 MST 2005

Martin

Thanks for the reply

Sorry I resent a modified version of the email, I couldn't
remember if I had sent a reply since I emptied my sent mail
box late last night. (studying too hard).

I sat my final Hebrew grammar exam today at college.
Thinking about unicode was a form of procrastination.

I'm not sure there is yet an authoritative way to encode the
text, please see this discussion

http://www.mail-archive.com/unicode%40unicode.org/msg17551.html
and this
http://www.mail-archive.com/unicode%40unicode.org/msg17444.html

Therefore if we could replace all holams with waw with fb4b
using regexes without too much effort and produce a
temporary module that rendered correctly that would be a
step in the right direction in my opinion. For the problem
may take some time to resolve.

in Christ
anthony