[bt-devel] Hebrew text rendering

Martin Gruner mg.pub at gmx.net
Thu Jun 23 01:48:25 MST 2005

Anthony,

thanks for the tips. It looks like WLC (the source text from WHI) has:

mem-vowel-waw

while Mechon-Mamre has:

mem-waw-vowel

In KDE this results in messed up display; however, in OpenOffice it looks
different (there are other bugs, nevertheless). Do you know of an
authoritative source about writing Hebrew in Unicode, esp. with regard to
matres lectionis? Where should the vowel go?

Blessings,

Martin