[bt-devel] Hebrew text rendering

anthony kerr anton at jesuscentral.net
Wed Jun 22 02:44:06 MST 2005

Martin

1 Sam 3 is a text that I have been looking at recently, vs
1-2 will help us.

"in his place" in verse 2
If we copy this to yudit, and then investigate the
underlying characters it seems that the holem is bound to
the Mem and not the waw.

copy paste from the WLC module
for waw the codes are 05d5
for the Mem 05de 05b9 0591

from http://www.mechon-mamre.org/c/ct/c08a03.htm
for waw the codes are [fb4b] 05d5 05b9
for the Mem 05de 0591

The reason that this problem is not more apparent is that
with cantillation marks on, there is a character between
the Mem and the holem, so it seems the holem is then
rendered correctly with the waw.

But when there is no cantillation mark the characters
collapse.

What is fb4b?

Is this a problem with the WLC module, KDE, or ?

hope this helps
anthony