[bt-devel] Bibletime 2 testing

Barry Drake b.drake at ntlworld.com
Mon Aug 15 09:41:15 MST 2005

Hi There .............

Gabriel M. Beddingfield wrote:

>Are you talking about an interface like Gimp and Qt4 Designer?  Where you
>have a bunch of "linked" free-floating windows?

More or less.  And once you had the windows as you wanted them, you
could save the layout and revert to it whenever you wanted.

>I kind of like that idea.  It would be even nicer if you could also latch
>the windows (like in media players like MusicMatch or WinAmp, iirc).  This
>could help with solving the problem where you have a bible at exactly the
>right height and width that you want, and opening up another bible takes a
>lot of work to get everything sized right again.

In Troy's prototype, if you changed the bible or commentary in a given window, the layout stayed as you last had it arranged.  And the windows all changed their display together when you changed to a different chapter/verse.  I think you can do that in BibleTime and also unlink the windows if you want adjacent ones displaying a different chapter/verse.

In the Sword 2 prototype, you could open up more than one 'desktop' and each could have separate versions displaying onscreen at the same time, so it was simple to have (say) two windows linked and another two displaying a different chapter/verse but also linked to one another.

Barry

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Netherfield United Reformed church, Nottingham see http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk for our church homepages).

Replies - b.drake at ntlworld.com