[bt-devel] Neue evangelistische Übersetzung ( NeÜ )

Klaus R. H. Walther K.Walther at christen.net
Tue Jun 15 09:46:19 MST 2004

Hello,

there is a new german translation:
"Neue evangelistische Übersetzung (NeÜ)"
("New Evangelistic Translation")

I have contacted the copyright owner and he is interested in working together
with the sword-project.

I will not find the time to transfer his texts into a format, that can be read
by sword.
Therefore my question:
Is there someone who can take care of this translation? Maybe someone who
speaks german? That would be great.

Shalom,
   Klaus

His answer to my question: (english below)

> Das Sword-Projekt kenne ich noch nicht. Aber ich würde die Texte (unter
> folgenden Bedingungen) gern dafür freigeben. Wer ist der Verantwortliche?
> Könntest du das vermitteln?
>
> Bedingungen für die kostenlose Weitergabe meiner Übersetzung:
>
> 1. Der Text darf nicht verändert werden. Die Kopierrechte liegen
> grundsätzlich bei mir. (Einzelne Verlage haben nur die Rechte für bestimmte
> Ausgaben bekommen.)
> 2. Das neu hergestellte Modul darf nicht verkauft, sondern muss kostenlos
> weitergegeben werden.
> 3. Es muss der Autor angegeben sein und als Quelle
> meine Internetseite.
> 4. Auch die Einleitung, in der die Prinzipien der
> Übersetzung genannt werden, muss im fertigen Modul zu lesen sein.
> 5. Bei der Herstellung eines Moduls muss immer der aktuellste Text verwendet
> werden, der auf "http://vanheiden.christen.net" liegt.
> 6. Ich erwarte eine Benachrichtigung, wenn das Modul fertig ist und einen
> Link auf meine Seite.
> 7. Ich arbeite zur Zeit am Alten Testament und stelle
> auch diese Texte nacheinander zur Verfügung. Siehe meine Homepage.

I don't know the sword project. But i would give them the permission to
publish the texts under the following conditions. Who is responsible? Can you
arrange that?

Conditions for the free distribution of this translation:

1. It is not allowed to change the text. I have still the copyright. (Some
publishers have got permissions for special editions)
2. It is not allowed to sell the new modul. It must be distributed for free.
3. The author must be named and my internet page must be mentioned as the
source.
4. It must be able to read the Introduction in the new module, which describes
the principles of the translation
5. The newest version of the text has to be used to make a module. This
version can be found here: http://vanheiden.christen.net
6. I expect to be informed, when the module is finished. And there must be a
link to my homepage.
7. At the moment I am working on the translation of the Old Testament and will
publish the texts one after another on my homepage.