[bt-devel] Roadmap to version 1.5

Joachim Ansorg junkmail at joachim.ansorgs.de
Mon Jul 26 16:36:22 MST 2004

Hi,

> 1)I'm still getting that error with the hilighting of whole chapters in the
> WEB. I suspect this to be something to do with my version of QT since it's
> happened on both KDE 3.2 and on the KDE 3.3 alpha and first beta (haven't
> tested with the second beta yet, will do that later this week when I've got
> it up and running) I'll file a more detailed bug report in the tracker, but
> my version of QT is 3.3.2. (Also, this only happens with the WEB so perhaps
> this is due to a WEB error?)

Hm, I'd be thankful for the more detailed bug report on the SF tracker.
Important are the keys/chapters where this occurs, I think.

> 1a)I'm also still having the problem of repeated verses being displayed.
> Possibly as a result of the code used to make sure we only display one
> version of each bible at a time? Also, this issue happens seemingly without
> regard to module source type (ThML, OSIS, or GBF)

Hm, the code to make sure only one instance of a module is at the module
choosing time.
Could you please post a screenshot there and test if it also appears if you
export the text or if you copy a chapter into the clipboard.
Putting the stuff on the SF tracker would be helpful.

It doesn't appear on my side here.

> 2)I can verify that bibletime will compile with both KDE 3.2 and 3.3beta1
> and work (albiet with the above mentioned issues)

Thanks!

> 3)Should we try to make crossrefs clickable in this release? (if it's
> something we want to do I think maybe I can do it as it wouldn't seem to
> require much KDE coding knowledge just some basic html, C++ and sword)

I'm not sure. You can drag&drop the keys from the info display. The display
windows show the whole keys as one single key, the info display shows them
parsed.
E.g. Gen1-3;5;6;8:1 is in the display window one key and I think that's not
very useful for clicking. What do you think?

> 4)I think the default template is a tad too colourful. Certain modules (eg.
> the ISV) can display green, red, black and blue on the same screen with
> certain passages. This is possibly a hindrance to usability and
> accessibility (though I would like to create a large print and/or perhaps
> hi contrast template at some point for accesibility)

Yes, too much different colors is not good. Can you give me a key in the ISV
so I can test it?

Thank you for your kind support,
Joachim
- --