[bt-devel] Roadmap to version 1.5

Mon Jul 26 21:49:26 MST 2004

On Monday 26 July 2004 07:36 pm, Joachim Ansorg wrote:
> > 1)I'm still getting that error with the hilighting of whole chapters in
> > the WEB. I suspect this to be something to do with my version of QT since
> > it's happened on both KDE 3.2 and on the KDE 3.3 alpha and first beta
> > (haven't tested with the second beta yet, will do that later this week
> > when I've got it up and running) I'll file a more detailed bug report in
> > the tracker, but my version of QT is 3.3.2. (Also, this only happens with
> > the WEB so perhaps this is due to a WEB error?)
>
> Hm, I'd be thankful for the more detailed bug report on the SF tracker.
> Important are the keys/chapters where this occurs, I think.
>
> > 1a)I'm also still having the problem of repeated verses being displayed.
> > Possibly as a result of the code used to make sure we only display one
> > version of each bible at a time? Also, this issue happens seemingly
> > without regard to module source type (ThML, OSIS, or GBF)
>
> Hm, the code to make sure only one instance of a module is at the module
> choosing time.
> Could you please post a screenshot there and test if it also appears if you
> export the text or if you copy a chapter into the clipboard.
> Putting the stuff on the SF tracker would be helpful.
>
> It doesn't appear on my side here.

Ok, after kde 3.3beta2 is compiled over here I will have a more detailed
report of both of these issues posted into the tracker complete with screen
shots and relevant issue. Though I do know that at least some of the
problematic passages with the hilighting are in places where they've occured
before (I've booked marked some problematic passages as places where bugs can
occur)

> > 3)Should we try to make crossrefs clickable in this release? (if it's
> > something we want to do I think maybe I can do it as it wouldn't seem to
> > require much KDE coding knowledge just some basic html, C++ and sword)
>
> I'm not sure. You can drag&drop the keys from the info display. The display
> windows show the whole keys as one single key, the info display shows them
> parsed.
> E.g. Gen1-3;5;6;8:1 is in the display window one key and I think that's not
> very useful for clicking. What do you think?

Hmm....that is a good point, maybe we should overhaul how we do
cross-references anyway. I personally would like the ones in biblical texts
to be located in close proximity to the part of the verse that they are
referencing. So this I guess would be more of an issue for 1.6

> Yes, too much different colors is not good. Can you give me a key in the
> ISV so I can test it?

The one I looked at was matthew ch5. It's got the hilighted verse, words of
Jesus in red, section headings in black, and cross refs in blue.