[bt-devel] Roadmap to version 1.5

Sun Jul 25 22:04:39 MST 2004

On Friday 23 July 2004 08:44 am, Joachim Ansorg wrote:
> What needs to be done (in this order):
> 	-The handbook. We'd highly appreciate a more complete and up-to-date
> handbook in the 1.5 release!
> 	-Testing, bug-searching. Please report all bugs to the SourceForge tracker
> and to this list, so we won't forget the bugs. And of course, bug-fixing
> would be appreciated the most!
> 	-The translations of the program interface need to be updated, although a
> lot of them are complete enough to be usable. The translation of the Bible
> Study Howto also need an update.
> 	-We have to make sure that the sources compile on all versions of KDE and
> Qt which are supported (i.e. KDE 3.0-3.3pre).

A few things,
1)I'm still getting that error with the hilighting of whole chapters in the
WEB. I suspect this to be something to do with my version of QT since it's
happened on both KDE 3.2 and on the KDE 3.3 alpha and first beta (haven't
tested with the second beta yet, will do that later this week when I've got
it up and running) I'll file a more detailed bug report in the tracker, but
my version of QT is 3.3.2. (Also, this only happens with the WEB so perhaps
this is due to a WEB error?)

1a)I'm also still having the problem of repeated verses being displayed.
Possibly as a result of the code used to make sure we only display one
version of each bible at a time? Also, this issue happens seemingly without
regard to module source type (ThML, OSIS, or GBF)

2)I can verify that bibletime will compile with both KDE 3.2 and 3.3beta1 and
work (albiet with the above mentioned issues)

3)Should we try to make crossrefs clickable in this release? (if it's
something we want to do I think maybe I can do it as it wouldn't seem to
require much KDE coding knowledge just some basic html, C++ and sword)

4)I think the default template is a tad too colourful. Certain modules (eg.
the ISV) can display green, red, black and blue on the same screen with
certain passages. This is possibly a hindrance to usability and accessibility
(though I would like to create a large print and/or perhaps hi contrast
template at some point for accesibility)