[bt-devel] Problem running "make install" on current CVS of Bibletime: Solved, New Issue :(

Steven P. Ulrick bt-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 6 Feb 2004 05:47:49 -0600

Hello, Everyone
I think I'm getting somewhere with this.  Since I tried to compile the
latest stable release of Bibletime from the source code (no RPM for
Fedora Core), and it bombed exactly the same way that compiling the CVS
did, I decided to try GnomeSword, since I didn't want to be completely
without my Sword modules.  Guess what?  It bombed out with EXACTLY the
same error that my attempts at Bibletime did.  So I installed Sword from
a tarball for 1.5.7, and guess what?  Bibletime compiled and installed
:)  Unfortunately, that is not the end of the story.  When I opened the
KJV module, the Strong's numbers were in some kind of grey color instead
of blue, which they were earlier tonight.  So I decided I'd change them
back.  Well, there is no menu for chaning the colors anymore :(
"Settings | Configure BibleTime" produces a window that has the
following choices:

Startup
Fonts
Display templates
Sessions
Sword
Accelerators

As you can see, "Display templates" is in the spot where "Colors" is
supposed to be.  The description of the "Display templates" window says
this: "Display templates define how the text of modules is displayed.
Please choose a template you like."  So I assumed that this was a
replacement for the "Colors" window.  Unfortunately, the only entry in
the box labeled: "Available display templates" is "Default"  I looked at
the Bibletime Manual, and it has not as yet been updated for this
apparent feature change.  So your help on this is greatly appreciated,
and if I can be of any assistance to you, let me know.

One more question: I was told once that I needed the CVS of Sword to
compile Bibletime.  Then, I was told that we no longer needed that.  And
then, it changed back, at least I was told you COULD use the CVS.  I'm
not saying that I was told that I NEEDED to use it.  My question is,
should I report my issues with Sword to the Sword people, or should I
just use the stable 1.5.7 release until further notice?

Again, thanks in advance for your help on this matter :)
Steven P. Ulrick