[bt-devel] Problem running "make install" on current CVS of Bibletime

Steven P. Ulrick bt-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 6 Feb 2004 02:22:40 -0600

Hello, Everyone :)

I've sent two emails to this list in the past few weeks with the above
subject heading, and I never got any response to either.  Thankfully,
that problem was definitely corrected.  But now, I have had the same
thing happen again: everything up to and including "make" runs just
fine, but when I run "make install" (as root, of course), I get the
following error:

g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -I/usr/include/kde -I/usr/lib/qt-3.2/include -I/usr/X11R6/include  -I/usr/include/sword  -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT  -D_REENTRANT -DQT_NO_ASCII_CAST -DQT_NO_COMPAT -DQT_CLEAN_NAMESPACE -Wall -I../../ -I../../bibletime  -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wno-long-long -Wundef -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith -Wwrite-strings -ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -Wcast-align -Wconversion -Wchar-subscripts -O2 -Wformat-security -Wmissing-format-attribute -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -fno-common  -c -o cswordbackend.o `test -f 'cswordbackend.cpp' || echo './'`cswordbackend.cpp
In file included from /usr/include/sword/utilweb.h:26,
                 from /usr/include/sword/utilfuns.h:27,
                 from /usr/include/sword/swobject.h:4,
                 from /usr/include/sword/swdisp.h:26,
                 from /usr/include/sword/swmodule.h:27,
                 from /usr/include/sword/swmgr.h:45,
                 from cswordbackend.h:31,
                 from cswordbackend.cpp:19:
/usr/include/sword/swbuf.h: In member function `sword::SWBuf&
   sword::SWBuf::operator<<(int)':
/usr/include/sword/swbuf.h:196: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
   integer expressions
cswordbackend.cpp: In member function `const QString
   CSwordBackend::booknameLanguage(const QString&)':
cswordbackend.cpp:474: error: request for member `setDefaultLocaleName' in `
   sword::LocaleMgr::systemLocaleMgr()', which is of non-aggregate type `
   sword::LocaleMgr&()()'
cswordbackend.cpp:475: error: request for member `getDefaultLocaleName' in `
   sword::LocaleMgr::systemLocaleMgr()', which is of non-aggregate type `
   sword::LocaleMgr&()()'
make[2]: *** [cswordbackend.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/steve/CVS/bibletime/bibletime/backend'
make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/steve/CVS/bibletime/bibletime'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

>From what I understand, we either are supposed to, or can, use the CVS
of Sword to build Bibletime against.  That is what I have been doing.
In fact, my failed attempt at installing Bibletime occured minutes after
I had updated both Sword and Bibletime.
As an experiment, I just ran "make distclean", "make -f Makefile.cvs",
"./configure --prefix=/usr" and "make"  This time I got the above quoted
error while running "make" instead of "make install"

I am currently running a fully updated installation of Fedora Core 1.
KDE 3.2 from the official KDE RPMS for Fedora Core 1.  When I installed
(not updated) Fedora Core 1, I chose EVERY package.

In closing, as a test, I tried fresh copies of Sword (which installs
perfectly), and Bibletime, and I got the same results :(

Anyway, let me know if there is anything I can do to help track this
down.  Also, thanks in advance for your help :)

Steven P. Ulrick