[bt-devel] Dissapearing Icons in Bibletime CVS

Steven P. Ulrick bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 21 Jun 2003 03:44:35 -0500

On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 02:22:11 -0500
"Steven P. Ulrick" <spu@faith4miracle.org> wrote:

> Hello, Everyone :)
> I know I shouldn't need to do this, but I downloaded a new copy of the
> CVS of Bibletime before I brought this to your attention.  I did not
> want to waste your time if it was my fault :)
> But anyway, here's the problem:

> The problem is, the only icons that appear on Bibletime are the ones
> that apparently come by default with KDE.  None of the special
> Bibletime icons are anywhere to be seen.
>
> The following screenshot describes what I'm talking about better than
> I could possibly explain it:
> http://www.faith4miracle.org/bibletime_screenshot.jpg
>
> Thanks again for all your wonderful work on Bibletime.  I am using it
> a lot :)
> Steven P. Ulrick
>
> P.S.: Before I wrote this email, I tried viewing all the icons in an
> image viewer, with the following result: the only directories that
> have any icons in them are the following:
> bibletime/pics/16x16
> bibletime/pics/22x22
> bibletime/pics/32x32
> bibletime/pics/48x48
>
> There are no other icons in any other directories, but the ones that
> are usually in the above four directories are all there.  Please
> remember that this is a fresh copy of the CVS of Bibletime, downloaded
> about an hour or two ago.  :)

Hello, Again :)
I tried an experiment that I just thought of, and I ran "make uninstall"
on the CVS of Bibletime, and I installed an RPM that I made from the CVS
of Bibletime a few weeks ago.  I made the aforementioned RPM using the
same version of Linux, Red Hat 9.  To my shock and dismay, the icons
were missing just like in the screen shot that I referred to in my
previous e-mail.  One thing I need to mention, is that a few weeks ago,
I was having difficulties with the "Settings | Configure BibleTime"
screen.  It would look exactly like it does in my screenshot.  This was
before I reinstalled Red Hat 9, and before I installed my new hard
drive.

I don't think I'll have anymore brilliant ideas on this issue :)

Steven P. Ulrick