[bt-devel] Dissapearing Icons in Bibletime CVS

Steven P. Ulrick bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 21 Jun 2003 02:22:11 -0500

Hello, Everyone :)
I know I shouldn't need to do this, but I downloaded a new copy of the
CVS of Bibletime before I brought this to your attention.  I did not
want to waste your time if it was my fault :)
But anyway, here's the problem:

After I reinstalled Red Hat 9 on my new hard drive, I grabbed new copies
of the Sword and Bibletime CVS's.  I installed Sword using the following
commands:
   1. "./autogen.sh"
   2. "./usrinst.sh"
   3. "make"
   4. "make install"
   5. "make install_config"

Of course, I did the first thee commands as a regular user, and the
final to after su'ing into root.

Then I proceeded to grab a new copy of Bibletime from the CVS server.  I
ran the following commands on it:
   1. "make -f Makefile.cvs"
   2. "./configure --prefix=/usr"
   3. "make"
   4. "make install"

Just like with Sword, I did the first three commands as a regular user,
and the last one as root.

The problem is, the only icons that appear on Bibletime are the ones
that apparently come by default with KDE.  None of the special Bibletime
icons are anywhere to be seen.

The following screenshot describes what I'm talking about better than I
could possibly explain it:
http://www.faith4miracle.org/bibletime_screenshot.jpg

Thanks again for all your wonderful work on Bibletime.  I am using it a
lot :)
Steven P. Ulrick

P.S.: Before I wrote this email, I tried viewing all the icons in an
image viewer, with the following result: the only directories that have
any icons in them are the following:
bibletime/pics/16x16
bibletime/pics/22x22
bibletime/pics/32x32
bibletime/pics/48x48

There are no other icons in any other directories, but the ones that are
usually in the above four directories are all there.  Please remember
that this is a fresh copy of the CVS of Bibletime, downloaded about an
hour or two ago.  :)