[bt-devel] Problem compiling Bibletime from the CVS

Steven P. Ulrick bt-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 28 Jul 2003 03:44:04 -0500

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 10:25:52 +0200
Martin Gruner <mg.pub@gmx.net> wrote:

> Hey Stephen,
>
> that leaves me clueless. :(
> As I'll be off the list for a couple weeks from today, please work
> with Joachim and Daniel Glassey, who really is an expert with automake
> questions.
>
> This is a CRITICAL issue that needs to be resolved before 1.3. If not,
> all the Redhat users might have the same problem. Sorry that I could
> not be of real help.
>
> Martin
>
> > Hello, Martin :)
> > Just got done compiling a fresh copy of Bibletime from the CVS, and
> > it now compiles without crashing, using the following commands:
> > make -f Makefile.cvs
> > ./configure --prefix=/usr
> > make
> > su
> > make install
> >
> > But when I start Bibletime, I still have no icons.  With the
> > intention of giving as much evidence as possible, and hopefully
> > saving you some time, I sent the output of the first three of the
> > above listed commands, as well as the fifth listed command, to
> > appropriately named text files. You will find the result at the
> > following location:
> > http://www.faith4miracle.org/bibletime_compile-logs.tar.bz2
> >
> > If I can be of any further assistance, feel free to let me know :)
> > Steven P. Ulrick

Hello, Martin :)

II Corinthians 8:12 says:
For if there be first a willing mind, it is accepted according to that a
man hath, and not according to that he hath not.

If I understand this verse, and the context it appears in, it means that
the virtue is in the intention.  In my mind, you Did help by Trying to
help :)
But anyway, thanks again for your help, and I'm looking forward to your
return :)

Steven P. Ulrick