[bt-devel] reference selector

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 14 Sep 2002 15:31:28 +0200

Hi Nikolay,

>  Well, it seems Steven likes it, I like, my wife likes it :). Kinda
> majority :))).  Seriously, I think for nivice user those buttons should be
> great help. Those are first ones he/she will press, and if those give hime
> most needed functionality - this is what they call "friendly comprehensive
> UI".

If you implement the back/forward buttons in anice way so it works for all
display windows I'd be glad to have them now in BibleTime.
Adding virtual functions like "prev()", next() in CDisplayWindow and
reimplementing them in the inheriting classes should work. What do you think?

Maybe the ref selector can be put into the toolbar of the display windows? The
line to enter the text could be to the left of the keychooser of each display
window. Entering text would refresh the keychooser and pressing enter would
start the lookup. Changing the keychooser would change the text of the edit
line.
What do you think?

Would you like to help us designing BibleTime 2.0? But this will probably take
very very long, though.
My aim for BibleTime 2.0 is adding new powerful functionality and improving
the GUI and code structure so BibleTime can easily be extended.
But it's a long way to go.

1.3 is the next release. The integrated install manager has to be done, and
some stupid things have to be solved. For example the keychooser don't resize
automatically when they need more space.
And the write windows have to be added.

Joachim