[bt-devel] reference selector

Nikolay Igotti bt-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 15:00:44 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 13 Sep 2002, Joachim Ansorg wrote:
> KDialogBase offers the method plainPage() which gives you a plain widget for
> creating childs on them. You don't have to create your own QWIdget as parent
> for the widgets. Just create the childwidgets with the pareent plainPage()
 Thanks.

> You don't have to "borrow" the keychooser from the display windows.
  Oops, thanks - that was a gross hack. I'm very new with both KDE and QT.
Will reimplement it ASAP.

> Just do something like:
> CKeyChooser* keyChooser = CKeyChooser::createInstance(
> displayWindow->modules(), displayWindow->key(), plainPage() );
>
> Add a  new signal when the keychooser changed and connect this to the slots
> you need (lookup of the display windows).
> I hope this helps understanding the API of Qt and KDE. But I still think we
> should not mix up the GUI. It should be very consistent.
 Well, it seems Steven likes it, I like, my wife likes it :). Kinda
majority :))).  Seriously, I think for nivice user those buttons should be
great help. Those are first ones he/she will press, and if those give hime
most needed functionality - this is what they call "friendly comprehensive
UI".

 Nikolay.