[bt-devel] Bug Report (?)

Steven P. Ulrick bt-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 20:10:07 -0500

Hello, everyone :)
This is actually something that I've seen in previous versions of
Bibletime as well.  If this is not a bug, I would like to know :)
What happens is, if you extract a module in your home directory (i.e.:
/home/steve) and leave the extracted files in your home directory,
Bibletime appears to pick up that module and act as if you have no
others.  Here's a step by step description:

1. Download and extract a module into your home directory.  Or you can
just copy a .conf file and a module into your home directory.  But you
must keep the same folder structure as it appears in (on Red Hat 7.3
anyway) /usr/share/sword

2. With the folders mods.d and modules in your home directory, open
Bibletime.  You should only see the module that you extracted or copied
to your home directory.

3. Delete the mods.d directory and the modules directory from your home
directory, and re-open Bibletime.  You should have all of your modules
back.

As an experiment, I just installed Gnomesword to see if it did the same
thing, and it does not.  All of my modules appear correctly.

The only reason I mention this is that when all my modules dissapeared,
it took me a minute to remember that the same thing had happened to me
in the past.  Someone else might not think to look in the direction that
I just described for the solution to their (apparently) missing modules.

Steven P. Ulrick :)