[bt-devel] back/forward buttons preview

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 2 Sep 2002 22:20:10 +0200

Forgot some things.

>Yeah, my solution was preliminary in the sense of what back/forward do.
>Currently it just next/previous chapter in current active Bible window.
>Geanerally idea is to make all windows implement some "navigation interface",
>like previous(), next(), home(), goto() in module dependent way.

Which is the next/previous item for bibles (verse, book or chapter?), which
for books?
As I already said, we should put all concept failures on SF and make BibleTime
2.0 the most powerful Bible study tool :)

>  Well, MDI _is_ misleading interface, IMHO. Look at modern browsers -
> tabbed view become more and more popular. And also controls in every window
> take precious space. Another important feature we missed (I gonna fix it
> soon) is better keychooser, so user can just enter key like
> Exo.5:12 and see it in browser. TODO: what icon should we use?

For which part should the icon be used? Timothy R. Butler does the icons of
BibleTime, really cool! I think we can ask him if we need new ones.

>  As you probably noted I also changed default behavior on startup:
> now we load default Bible and also search happens in default modules,
> unless others selected.

Do you know the option "Restore working area on startup"? We have to make sure
we don't open the default Bible if the working area should be restored.
But I like your idea, it's a good start for Bible study. Maybe opening the
default lexicon and commentary would be helpful, too?

Joachim