[bt-devel] 1.2.2 execute troubles

Jason Gress bt-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 18:55:46 +0000

I hate to toot my own horn, but my sword ebuild (attached earlier) does
install to /usr/share/sword. ;)  That seems to be the default in most cases
around here, though I can see the logic with /var/db, tradition does seem to
put it in /usr.  However, I am certainly have no problem with change if there
is a better way to do it.  I chose what I did because my philosophy has
always been to change the source directories as little as possible - and it
seems that Gentoo likes to stash stuff in /usr anyhow.  XMMS skins, tuxracer
data, you name it - look in /usr/share on a Gentoo system to see what I mean
- it seems most ebuilds but data there.

	Jason