[bt-devel] 1.2.2 execute troubles

Wed, 16 Oct 2002 20:29:30 -0400

On Wednesday 16 October 2002 02:55 pm, Jason Gress wrote:
> I hate to toot my own horn, but my sword ebuild (attached earlier) does
> install to /usr/share/sword. ;)  That seems to be the default in most cases
> around here, though I can see the logic with /var/db, tradition does seem
> to put it in /usr.  However, I am certainly have no problem with change if
> there is a better way to do it.  I chose what I did because my philosophy
> has always been to change the source directories as little as possible -
> and it seems that Gentoo likes to stash stuff in /usr anyhow.  XMMS skins,
> tuxracer data, you name it - look in /usr/share on a Gentoo system to see
> what I mean - it seems most ebuilds but data there.

Hey, did you add icu things too? I was planning on if the unicode variable is
set adding --with-icu to the ./configure or ./usrinst.sh or whatever and
depending on >=dev-libs/icu-2.2

Also are you doing anything with the perl bindings in $WORKDIR/bindings/perl
I'd really like an option to install those. Maybe with the perl use variable?