[bt-devel] Toolbar configuration in the handbook

Fred Saalbach bt-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 20:41:45 -0500

I am still somewhat stuck with the fonts problem:

Bibletime font selected Cyberbit bitstreem
When IGNT, ChiGu, or ThaiKJV is selected the display area shows ??????? except
for Latin1 characters.  As a test I copied the display and copied it into kate
(editor).  Display of copied material is correct.  Tried to print it.
Ghostscript does not see the font and prints ??????.  Saved the file in kate.
Reopened the file.  only latin1 characters display.  all others are ??????

I did check the fonts.dir and fonts.scale.  Both contain :
Cyberbit.ttf -Bitstream-Bitstream
Cyberbit-medium-r-normal--0-0-0-0-p-0-iso10646-1, this was automatically
generated by drakefont.

I suppose that this might be a buggy font installer.  However apparently the
font installer does not install the fonts to ghostscript.