[bt-devel] Toolbar configuration in the handbook

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 12:24:52 +0100

Hi!

> The duplicate toolbar  configuration section is removed.  I left in the
> stuff avout button action and so on.  Is this OK?

Yes, it's ok.

> I made some more extensive revisions to the unicode font note.  Please
> check this.  I have not been able to get unicode to work in bibletime yet,
> however I doubt it is a bibletime thing.  I get similar results with Kwrite
> and Mazola.  I used some information from Gnome sword in writing this
> section.

I think the Unicode section is ok. The last problem with Linux and Unicode
fonts is, that the users have to add the line for the unicode encoding
manually in the fonts and fonts.dir files! See the page on gnomesword.sf.net,
which explains this. The tools I saw do not add the line for Unicode encoding
so the iso10646-1 encoding won't appear in BibleTime's config dialog.

I'm not sure if it's also explained on one of the linked pages, but it would
be nice so write it in the handbook so users know how to get fonts working.

Maybe you know that Sword and BibleTime support now books like "Josephus"
etc. It would be helpful to mention books in the Introduction section.
Bibles, Commentaries and dictionaries are already mentioned there.

Thanks a lot for your work!
Joachim