[bt-devel] Toolbar configuration in the handbook

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 16:40:39 +0100

Hi Fred!

> Bibletime font selected Cyberbit bitstreem
> When IGNT, ChiGu, or ThaiKJV is selected the display area shows ???????
> except for Latin1 characters.  As a test I copied the display and copied it
> into kate (editor).  Display of copied material is correct.  Tried to print
> it. Ghostscript does not see the font and prints ??????.  Saved the file in
> kate. Reopened the file.  only latin1 characters display.  all others are
> ??????

> I did check the fonts.dir and fonts.scale.  Both contain :
> Cyberbit.ttf -Bitstream-Bitstream
> Cyberbit-medium-r-normal--0-0-0-0-p-0-iso10646-1, this was automatically
> generated by drakefont.

My Cyberbit line looks like:
Cyberbit.ttf -Bitstream-Bitstream
Cyberbit-medium-r-normal--0-0-0-0-p-0-iso10646-1

so your font config should be ok. Have you set the Unicode font in
"Optionsdialog->Fonts->Unicode" or in "Optionsdialog->Fonts->Standard"? YOu
have to use the first one, otherwise all unicode characters will appear as
questionmarks.
In BibleTime 1.0 you gad to set the unicode font as standard font, in 1.1 you
can choose the font type to set (Standard and Unicode).

If this still doesn't work, please send me a small screenshot. And then I'll
try to enable some debug messages so we can find the bug.

> I suppose that this might be a buggy font installer.  However apparently
> the font installer does not install the fonts to ghostscript.

I think GS has some problems printing Unicode characters. At least using Qt.
Qt3 will hopefully fix this.

Sorry for all the trouble with the Unicode fonts,
Joachim