[bt-devel] 1.1 -- Chris?

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 10 Mar 2002 18:04:28 +0100

Hi,

> If I search for "o a" in BBE the second result looks like this:
>  And the earth was waste and withoOOOOOOOONT>NT>NT>NT>NT>NT>NT>NT>ut form;
> and it was dark on the face of the deep: and the Spirit of God was moving
> on the face of the waters.
>
> Seems not to work with multiple words.

Alright. I fixed it, had several reasons, including my inHTMLTag() function,
but also local code -- a good example of confusing, not clear coding-style,
which makes the intrusion of errors more likely. Anyway, it should work now.

> But translations would be nice :)

Sure! I only wanted to say that we won't require translations, because we can
make a new release immediately when a translator has finished his work. Even
from HEAD imo, we need no forks.

> And the Book display support for the different display levels is not yet
> implemented. But IMHO this is necessary for 1.1. And we have to wait until
> the icons are finished.

Books: yes. Since this is new and (almost) untested functionality we should
have another beta (including the docs also). We need 1.5.3 for this as well
as downloadable modules from crosswire.

Icons: KDE 3 will support SVG icons (verctor based, see
http://kt.zork.net/kde/kde20020222_33.html#5 [nice screenshots]).
Theoretically that would erase the need of icons in different sizes. Does
anybody know how the UI guidelines (icons, docs etc.) are in KDE3? Is there
anything we need to change, or anyhing to make our life easier? The SVG thing
would be such a helpful feature.

Martin