[bt-devel] Toolbar configuration in the handbook

Fred Saalbach bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 09 Mar 2002 08:34:05 -0500

Joachim Ansorg wrote:

> Hi!
>
> > Yes I was going to finish cleaning up the handbook, this weekend or
> > monday.  Are my comments about unicode fonts correct as far as you are
> > concerned?
>
> Yes, I think your comments are right. Since we don't use GTK it's confusing
> that you mention it.
> Maybe adding the information how to install Unicode-fonts under Linux migh be
> useful? The infos are on http://gnomesword.sf.net in the fonts section.

I had not looked at this one yet.  I did figure out how to use the
mandrake font
tool in the mandrake configuration tool.  I will look this location over
and
revise my comments.  The reference to GTK is not with regard to
BibleTime.   As
the issue is covered in one of the referenced links, it probably can be
deleted.

> > I tried to load a UTF8 font that includes Chinese and thai
> > characters to see if bibletime renders them.  So far all I get with
> > thaiKJV and CHiGUs is a viewbox full of
> > ???????????????????????
>
> Are you sure you selected the charset "iso10646-1" of the installed unicode
> font in the optionsdialog (Fonts->Unicode)? Otherwise the questionmarks will
> appear.

Yes, however this might be the result of something elsewhere in my
system being
messed up.  I just finished rebuilding it, so now I can grab fresh
copies of
sword and BibleTime and hopefully the problem will be solved.