[bt-devel] Fonts question - update

Fred Saalbach bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 02 Mar 2002 20:42:24 -0500

I solved half of my problem.  I was able to install the Bitstream
Cyberbit font so that bibletime recognized it.  Then I tried to open up
two bibles that are supposedly encoded in unicode - thaiKJV, and
ChiGUs.  The result in both cases is a display area full of question
marks (with verse numbers).  I also tried IGNT but in this case get a
blank display window showing only verse numbers.

Has anyone tested any of the modules that use non western fonts and been
able to get them to display correctly?  If there is a particular font
that is needed I should mention it in the fonts section of the handbook.

I did check this font (Bitstream Cyberbit) and it does contain the
correct symbol set for these modules.  I did not check these modules in
M$windows to see how they display.

Question If a user needed to use one encoding for one display window say
unicode, and another like iso 8859-2 for a second display window is this
possible?  Could this encoding selection be automatic at some future
revision of bibletime?

Fred Saalbach