[bt-devel] Icons used in bibletime

Fred Saalbach bt-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 22:30:18 -0400

Martin Gruner wrote:

> > I found all of the icon sources except for the icon that indicates
> > 'clear print queue'  What is the path for this icon?
>
> Well, according to ressource.h it is
> #define ICON_FILE_CLEAR_QUEUE   "queue"
> and imo this is a KDE icon, so we don't need to ship it.  ?

OK I will try to figure out where it is.  I have been moving the icons
that are already in kde.  They are needed in the CVS so that the html
will display properly.  RPM's (and the make caooand 0could be structured
to replace these icons with a symbolic link to the kde icon directory (I
am trying to make the directory tree look the same to the inmge path.
As this saves about 100k from the rpm it might not really be worth the
effort.  It will install either way.

> > The bibletime icon hi32-action-bt_sync.png does not seem to be used in
> > the program anywhere.  What is it intended to indicate?
>
> It will be. It is used for linking a commentary to the current open bible.

I will put the text in to the correct description.

> > The pencil has disappeared from the personal commentary.  And I can not
> > edit it.  Is it coming back?  Or is it to be replaced with something
> > else?
>
> Well yes, we are still about to restructure the display stuff internally. Atm
> editing does not work. That will take some time. Does anyone know of a good
> WYSIWYG HTML editing component for KDE?

at http://www.kdevelop.org/index.html?filename=users.html
KDreamSite   - a light-weight HTML editor
KWebDev   - an HTML editor
Quanta+   - Quanta Plus is an HTML editor for the K Desktop Environment

Quanta is not a good choice.  Perhaps one of these alpha editors has
enough function.

> > I uploaded some stuff today, that fixed most of the icon pictures,
> > however I still need to do some rearranging.
>
> Thanks a lot Fred. There is still a lot in progress, and you'll have enough
> time. Did you give the fonts section a lift (utilizing KControl)?

Not yet, but i did include the reference to the slavic fonts page you
suggested.  I have yet to get printing of non western fonts to work with
cups.  This is a problem with my machines configuration.  I just have
not had enough time to play with the font installation.  It seams that
every time I do this i hose CUPS to the point I need to reinstall
linux.  At the moment I have managed to mess up software manager so
rpm's fail to install (can't find depend package errors).  Anyway
configuring the printer fonts in mandrake seems to be painful still.

My KDE3.o RPM was dated  2002-04-18 I see that KDE 3.1 has been
released.  Does anyone know if this runs enough better on mandrake to
make it worthwhile installing?

> Martin

Fred