[bt-devel] sword iso

Troy A. Griffitts bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 14 Jul 2002 12:06:15 -0700

Well, I've asked.  Our CD will not be complete without a BibleTime
installer in the setup.  I wish someone would step up and do this.
Otherwise I might have to spend my time doing this.

I don't mean to argue this point.  We have already committed to a user
friendly setup program on the CD.  We've always had one, and it's always
worked nicely.  I'm just asking for your team to participate with your
piece to take some load off of me.

If KDE is so convoluted to install to, then maybe you will need custom
scripts to install.  Picking the correct package depending on the system
should be an easy script to write.

I'm still convinced that the provided setup functionality will work.  A
KDE app has to be able to determine WHERE docs are located, and WHERE
icons are located.

OK, just started up KDE3 on my rh7.3 system.  You can determine install
paths with kde-config --types

> Yes, I understand. But my point was different: not only the *location* of KDE
> may differ (/opt/kde3 or /usr/), but also the internal layout (directory
> structure) of KDE. E.g. the doc path relative to $KDEDIR in SuSE is
> share/doc/html, in debian it is share/doc/kde/HTML. Therefore one single
> bibletimebase.tar.gz would NOT be sufficient.

Here is a script to set $KDEDIR and $KDEDOCS for KDE3.  I'll make the
setup run this script to preset the variables then you can make
bibletimebase.tar.gz and bibledocs.tar.gz.  Let me know if you need more
help.

KDEDIR=`kde-config --prefix`
echo \$KDEDIR=$KDEDIR
KDEDIRsedsafe=`echo $KDEDIR|sed s/[/]/\\\\\\\\\\\//`
KDEDOCS=`kde-config --install html|sed s/\$\{prefix\}/$KDEDIRsedsafe/`
echo \$KDEDOCS=$KDEDOCS