[bt-devel] 1.1b1 & general book support

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 16:03:26 +0100

Hello Chris,

> On a general note, I would suggest adding an ability to toggle textual
> variants (using the ThMLVariants filter) before releasing.  There are
> currently no modules that use this, but there should be soon.

This will probably not possible at the moment. We implemented the
GlobalOptionFilters as binary, 2-state filters. Therefore we cannot support a
filter with 3 or more states at the moment, because it would involve a bigger
change in our class structure. We shall make this change later, combined with
the sword-icu implementation. Sorry.

One thing that disturbs me about ICU: it must be present at compile time.
Would it be possible to load it at runtime in sword, if it is present?

Martin