[bt-devel] 1.1b1 & general book support

Chris Little bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 12:02:21 -0800

> > On a general note, I would suggest adding an ability to
> toggle textual
> > variants (using the ThMLVariants filter) before releasing.
> There are
> > currently no modules that use this, but there should be soon.
>
> This will probably not possible at the moment. We implemented the
> GlobalOptionFilters as binary, 2-state filters. Therefore we
> cannot support a
> filter with 3 or more states at the moment, because it would
> involve a bigger
> change in our class structure. We shall make this change
> later, combined with
> the sword-icu implementation. Sorry.

Ah, good point.  I had forgotten that it currently supports 3 states,
with possibly more to come.  What I would suggest, is simply allowing
the user to toggle between variant 1 and variant 2.  This is probably
what most people would want to do most of the time anyway, and it
reduces the functionality to a 2-state system.

> One thing that disturbs me about ICU: it must be present at
> compile time.
> Would it be possible to load it at runtime in sword, if it is present?

I don't know if that's possible or not.  What would be the advantage?

--Chris