[bt-devel] 1.1b1 & general book support

Chris Little bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 23 Feb 2002 18:20:35 -0800 (PST)

I got 1.1b1 running on a RedHat 7.2 box.  Here's a screenshot of it with a
couple of RawGenBook modules displayed:
http://www.chiasma.org/~chrislit/bible/bt-genbook.jpg.  If you're
interested in testing, I put the smaller book (Enuma Elish) online at
http://www.chiasma.org/~chrislit/bible/enumaelish.tar.gz.  When I can get
Troy's attention, I'll ask him to put Josephus on CrossWire so that some
real testing can occur.

Overall, GBS looks very good.  The one big bug I noticed is that,
regardless of the entry that is selected, the final sibling in the lowest
tree level always shows.  You can see this in the Enuma Elish window in
the screenshot, where line 1 is selected, but line 138 is displayed.

On a general note, I would suggest adding an ability to toggle textual
variants (using the ThMLVariants filter) before releasing.  There are
currently no modules that use this, but there should be soon.

Good work and thank you to eveyone who worked to bring BibleTime and GBS
to this level.

--Chris