[bt-devel] What brings me to the list

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 23:25:26 +0100

Hello Matt,

Thanks for the information on yourself. Can I ask everyone who is still in
active development to give a very brief statement on himself, so that Matt
gets to know who he is working with?

I am Martin, the one who does the most coding after Joachim, who is the boss
here. I don't have that much experience yet, but, well, it increases.
I'm 21 and study theology in Giessen, Germany. I study full-time, which
pretty much occupies my time. I came to the project in 2000 and have taken
over more responsibility since then.

> Well, hopefully you will be happy, because I would
> like to help long-term.

I am! That includes a lifelong commitment. ;) Not really.

Well. For now (depending on your knowledge of BibleTime and the development
process) I suggest that you read the important stuff at http://bibletime.de,
and esp. http://sf.net/projects/bibletime, esp. in the doc section (may be a
bit outdated). Checkout the cvs and try to figure out how things work -- how
to do this is described in the docs, if you don't know.
You need to register at http://sourceforge.net, then I can add you to our
project and you have write cvs access.

I don't know how experienced you are. Don't think you'll bore us with your
questions. I know how I started!

Martin