[bt-devel] search dialog improvments

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 08:48:40 +0200

Hi!

>  Today I implemented and commited to CVS search button in the toolbar.
> Seems to work fine for me.

Great!
The first commit which was not done by me or Martin! This is really great!
It works fine for me and it's done in the right way (using KActions).

> Soon gonna implement some more toolbar buttons:
>  "back", "forward" - go to previous/next chapter or book, as small spin
>  controls aren't comfortable enogh.

The buttons should go into the toolbar of the display windows? I'm not sure if
this wouldn't make the toolbar too big and too complicated. What do you
think?
You can already use key bindings for the navigation.

>  Improve search dialog by doing following:
> - make results window bigger

This is a good idea.

> - make links work (so you could jump to proper place by clicking on verse
>   number)

Do we really need full support for lonks in the search dialog preview? How do
we handle links into other modules (e.g. strongs numbers)?
The links can be used to create bookmarks by Drag&Drop at the moment.

> - add "copy reference" button or popup menu in search results, so
>   reference could be copied to clipboard

We had this before I made the new searchdialog. You're right, it's really
missing.
In the older searchdialog we had a menu which looked the same as the popup in
the modules result view part oof the search dialog. Offering the same (print,
save, copy) for the selected entries in the result list would be cool!

>  If you have any objections/comments/improvments - always welcome.

I like you work!

>   Nikolay.

Joachim