[bt-devel] search dialog improvments

Nikolay Igotti bt-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 16:25:24 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 26 Aug 2002, Joachim Ansorg wrote:
> >  Today I implemented and commited to CVS search button in the toolbar.
> > Seems to work fine for me.
>
> Great!
> The first commit which was not done by me or Martin! This is really great!
> It works fine for me and it's done in the right way (using KActions).
 :) - I just uncommented some code which was already there and hacked it
a bit - I never coded for KDE/QT before.

> > Soon gonna implement some more toolbar buttons:
> >  "back", "forward" - go to previous/next chapter or book, as small spin
> >  controls aren't comfortable enogh.
>
> The buttons should go into the toolbar of the display windows? I'm not
> sure if
> this wouldn't make the toolbar too big and too complicated. What do you
> think?
> You can already use key bindings for the navigation.
 Really I asked my wife as an independent expert :) and she told me that
to have those buttons would be very nice. I think users know better than
we, programmers.

> > - make links work (so you could jump to proper place by clicking on verse
> >   number)
>
> Do we really need full support for lonks in the search dialog preview? How do
> we handle links into other modules (e.g. strongs numbers)?
> The links can be used to create bookmarks by Drag&Drop at the moment.
 Well, I'll try and see how good it would be.

> > - add "copy reference" button or popup menu in search results, so
> >   reference could be copied to clipboard
>
> We had this before I made the new searchdialog. You're right, it's really
> missing.
> In the older searchdialog we had a menu which looked the same as the popup in
> the modules result view part oof the search dialog. Offering the same (print,
> save, copy) for the selected entries in the result list would be cool!
OK, I'll try.

 Nikolay.