[bt-devel] development?

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 10:21:12 +0200

Hello Fred,

sorry I didn't make the point clear enough.
The problem is not the low mail traffic here. The problem is that Joachim is
still alone with the actual coding -- the development.

I know all of us have very limited time. And BibleTime is definitely not the
most important thing in our lives, and we have to be careful with the limited
time that God our lord gives us! But that is a big challenge for the whole
project. It cannot be that the main work lies on the shoulders of only one
person, because his time is limited too and will be more limited in future.
Nobody says that people like you who are already investing their time and
helping out a lot should start coding. I really appreciate what you are
doing, please don't feel you should change anything.

But I am not happy with the fact that several people showed their interest in
the deveopment and even took over tasks, and nothing happened. No problem if
something hinders them, but then I expect a feedback saying "Sorry, I won't
have time to work on this" or "Please don't count on me any more".
My wish is that we start working together with responsibility, reliability
and good flow of communication. Otherwise the BibleTime project might soon
face a dead end, seriously.

> I have been a bit busy of late.  I am still hoping to be of some use and
> have had a few ideas, but not being a programmer am of limited use in
> that direction.
>
> For what languages do we have people interested in translating?
> Perhaps we should consider that the next release might only expand the
> number of languages available?

I am not sure about this. Joachim told me he is planning a 1.0.2 bugfix & new
translation release.

> It is my prayer that the Lord Jesus will confound evil by using this
> event to turn many people to him even in nations that are now closed to
> the gospel.

Mine too.

Martin