[bt-devel] development?

Fred Saalbach bt-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 21:33:12 -0400

I have been a bit busy of late.  I am still hoping to be of some use and
have had a few ideas, but not being a programmer am of limited use in
that direction.

For what languages do we have people interested in translating?
Perhaps we should consider that the next release might only expand the
number of languages available?

One of the the reasons I have not done much with the handbook text, I
dont want to make more work for the translators.  The other reason is
that I installed mandrake 8.0, which promptly broke.  It took some time
to make things work reasonible well. It still does not do everything
correctly (languages other than english are mostly broken), so I think
when Mdk 8.1 is out I will buy a proper set of disks, and reinstall
everything.

Martin If you noticed the mail list traffic dropped on september 11.
The events of that day have had a profound effect on the nation.  I
think that many are rethinking what is really important.  I have heard
of no one complaining about our President's using scripture in his
speaches or for calling on God to direct the nation.  Prior to these
events many were blind to the fact that there really is a struggel in
this world between the LIGHT and evil.  I don't think any can say this
anymore.

It is my prayer that the Lord Jesus will confound evil by using this
event to turn many people to him even in nations that are now closed to
the gospel.

Gruss
Fred Saalbach

--
II Chronicles 7:14 (The Webster Bible)
If my people, who are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and

Luther Bible
Und mein Volk sich demütigt, das nach meinem Namen genannt ist, daß sie
beten und mein Angesicht suchen und sich von ihren bösen Wegen bekehren
werden: so will ich vom Himmel hören und ihre Sünde vergeben und ihr
Land heilen.

Spanish Reina-Valera Bible
Si se humillare mi pueblo, sobre los cuales ni nombre es invocado, y
oraren, y buscaren mi rostro, y se convirtieren de sus malos caminos;
entonces yo oiré desde los cielos, y perdonaré sus pecados, y sanaré su
tierra.