[bt-devel] Documents status

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 13:00:50 +0100

> > And will the webcvs also
> > work for html files without images?
>
> It should work OK, however the common files are still needed for the
> header and footer to line up properly.

What if a language has html files, the common folder but no images
(screenshots etc.). Will it display correctly via webcvs? I guess not.

> > Maybe we should just copy all of the
> > english images into every language's directory and let the translators
> > customize them if they want?
>
> In the existing program the picture files were left empty in the cvs if
> they were not issued for a language.  Jochim had the make copy the
> pictures to directories having none at installation (to save bandwith?)
> Either method will work.

This won't work in webcvs, and the difficulty is that the images are no
longer in a separate directory. I therefore suggest that we have all images
in every language's directory, and  let the translators decide if they want
to translate them or not. The size of the package will increase a bit, but
shouldn't be too much.

Martin