[bt-devel] Documents status

Fred Saalbach bt-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 08:34:24 -0500

Martin Gruner wrote:

> > > And will the webcvs also
> > > work for html files without images?
> >
> > It should work OK, however the common files are still needed for the
> > header and footer to line up properly.
>
> What if a language has html files, the common folder but no images
> (screenshots etc.). Will it display correctly via webcvs? I guess not.

It should display OK, except that the image is replaced with the broken
image picture.

> > > Maybe we should just copy all of the
> > > english images into every language's directory and let the translators
> > > customize them if they want?
> >
> > In the existing program the picture files were left empty in the cvs if
> > they were not issued for a language.  Jochim had the make copy the
> > pictures to directories having none at installation (to save bandwith?)
> > Either method will work.
>
> This won't work in webcvs, and the difficulty is that the images are no
> longer in a separate directory. I therefore suggest that we have all images
> in every language's directory, and  let the translators decide if they want
> to translate them or not. The size of the package will increase a bit, but
> shouldn't be too much.

OK, I would suggest that we leave the images out of directories until we
have text translation, unless we already have images.  This is how I
have things set up now.  I realize some of the existing images may need
to be updated

I don't have a working bibletime at the moment, same problem as Chris, I
am going to wait until chris reports that compiling works OK again.

Do we know the version of sword that will support Bibletime 1.1?

Fred