[bt-devel] Documents

Fred Saalbach bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 10 Nov 2001 10:53:54 -0500

I am ready to start uploading, however i encountered some 'user'
problems with CERVISIA.  I will try to get the new stuff uploaded over
the weekend.

The upload will add a number of new folders.  I don't think it will
overwrite any existing folders, so I will upload the new stuff before
removing the old folders if that is OK.  This will eliminate the problem
of breaking the binary ar the cost of making the CVS larger than really
necessary for a short time.

Fred

-----------------------------
mg.pub@gmx.net wrote:

> > the images and the html files reside in the same directory.  The files
> > in the common folder are kde system stuff, and do not need to be
> > installed.  I think they might need to be in the cvs so that the html
> > files can be viewed in a local repository.  When installed, this is
> > taken care of by a link to the ~/html/en/common
>
> Can we find a way to store the BibleTime images in a different directory
> than the KDE global images and still have the possibility view the html files in
> a local repository?

The bibletime images will be stored in the language/stuff/html folder.
The only thing in /common is the dtd and pics that are kde global
images.  These do not need to be part of the make, but need to be in
/language/stuff/html/common to be able to view the html files properly
in the CVS.

> You could update the gen_am.sh I posted for automatic Makefile.am
> creation in the documentation directories. But Joachim or I can do that later too.

I am not conversant in the language used in the  gen_am.sh  I would
rather someone else work on that.

> > > I assume the language directories apart from en won't need unicode
> > subdirs?

That is correct, however I have included empty unicode directories, as
the translators may find them useful as scratch files.  I think only the
html folder needs to be included in a build.

> > If we assume that translator or adminustrator should not post the
> > unicode file, but parse the po to html and post only the html that will
> > work.
>
> If I understood it right the translators will only have a set of .po files
> and images to translate?

Yes, however either the translator or the administrator will have to do
a po to xml.docbook to html conversion.  It would be best if the
translator does this as there are some translation issues that will
probably result in conversion errors, that are best fixed by the
translator.  These would be fixed in the .po file

--
II Chronicles 7:14 (The Webster Bible)
If my people, who are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and

Luther Bible
Und mein Volk sich demütigt, das nach meinem Namen genannt ist, daß sie
beten und mein Angesicht suchen und sich von ihren bösen Wegen bekehren
werden: so will ich vom Himmel hören und ihre Sünde vergeben und ihr
Land heilen.

Spanish Reina-Valera Bible
Si se humillare mi pueblo, sobre los cuales ni nombre es invocado, y
oraren, y buscaren mi rostro, y se convirtieren de sus malos caminos;
entonces yo oiré desde los cielos, y perdonaré sus pecados, y sanaré su
tierra.