[bt-devel] problem building BT and sword

Mark Lybarger bt-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 07 Nov 2001 21:27:16 -0500

I just did a clean install of RH 7.1 on my machine.  I went to rebuild
bibletime/sword and am seeing the exact same error I saw the other day.
   This is very frustrating.

Is anyone else running RH 7.1? (now would be a perfect time for me to
try another distro :) ) or gcc 2.96?  I've heard that the compiler from
RH has some issues, though I've never noticed any problems compiling
anything until now.  Kernels, X11, etc...I was even compiling Bibletime
perfectly until a cvs update about a week ago.

The below error message is from the bibletime build after I build and
installed sword using "buildshare := yes".  I am able to build/install
sword just fine as long as I set the buildshare to yes, otherwise I get
all sorts of errors related to "undefined reference to stricmp" and
"undefined refrence to strnicmp", "undefined reference to stdstr", etc.

I'm going to try to grab the latest archived tarballs for each of these
and see how that builds.

c++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -I/usr/include/kde
-I/usr/lib/qt-2.3.0/include -I/usr/X11R6/include
-I/usr/local/sword/include/sword  -D_REENTRANT -DQT_NO_ASCII_CAST
-DQT_NO_COMPAT -DQT_CLEAN_NAMESPACE  -ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500
-D_BSD_SOURCE -Wbad-function-cast -Wcast-align -Wundef -Wconversion
-fno-builtin -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wno-long-long -g -O2 -Wall -pedantic -W
-Wpointer-arith -Wmissing-prototypes -Wwrite-strings -fno-exceptions
-fno-check-new -c cswordmodulesearch.cpp
In file included from /usr/local/sword/include/sword/swmgr.h:43,
                  from cswordbackend.h:30,
                  from cswordmoduleinfo.h:22,
                  from cswordmodulesearch.cpp:20:
/usr/local/sword/include/sword/swmodule.h: In method `const bool
SWModule::isUnicode () const':
/usr/local/sword/include/sword/swmodule.h:135: ambiguous overload for
`const char & == ENCODINGS'
/usr/local/sword/include/sword/swmodule.h:135: candidates are:
operator==(int, int) <builtin>