[bt-devel] Fwd: bibletime

Fred Saalbach bt-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 14 May 2001 22:10:48 -0400

Tim Brodie wrote:

> Hi Martin:

We need to add instruction for fonts, I was waiting for the problems
with non western fonts and qt to get somewhat resolved.  It might be
that the fonts should be added to the install package, but the modules
are a bit big for the download.  We should not make it biger than
necessary.

> We then can provide them with good documentation on how to:
> i) locate/download/install/configure additional modules, and
> ii) locate/download/install/configure recommended fonts for modules in i).

I presume you are talking about adding sword modules.  Look at the
instructions in the document set in the installation section.   There
are actually a number of ways to install modules.  My instructions are
different from what Brook uses in his RPM's.  As the RPM's will not
install unless bibletime is installed as an RPM, it probably does not
matter.

Fred

> This would then position us to be able to automate these tasks (ith
> dialogues in v1.1) to give the user a checklist of modules to pull
> down from the sword ftp site.

That is a really long list now. The windows version has a feature that
aids in down loading modules.  We might try somthing like that for
version 3, but I doubt that it's worth the effort just now.