[bt-devel] Missing bt-printing

Chris Kujawa bt-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 11 May 2001 20:32:31 -0400

Tim:

I did both the binary distro and compiled and saw only minor problems when
doing either one.  Of course, the first thing I do when I am done loading
any distribution (the last one just happened to be RedHat 7.0) is add in a
plethora of libraries that I know I will need.  I don't know what you have
running on your system, but I know that I just recently loaded
libstdc++-c6.0-95 and updated Xfree86 (please don't quote me on either one,
I am in window$ right now, and it was very late after a long day.  I usually
use www.rpmfind.net to find which packages contain missing libraries, etc.)

Hope this helps...

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-bt-devel@crosswire.org
[mailto:owner-bt-devel@crosswire.org]On Behalf Of Tim Brodie
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2001 5:11 PM
To: bt-devel@crosswire.org
Subject: Re: [bt-devel] Missing bt-printing

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joachim Ansorg" <jansorg@gmx.de>
To: <bt-devel@crosswire.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2001 11:28 PM

> Hi!
>
> > When I start from a terminal session I can see a message:
> > (BibleTime 1.0) WARNING: ASSERT: "group" in cgroupmanager.cpp (1221)
> >
> > is this helpful?
>
> No.
> Please try to execute bibletime --debug and post the messages.
> Your problem is really strange.

I will do that later tonight when I am home.  I think that the issue
must be in the area of a downlevel version of some dependent package.
I tried upgrading my RedHat 6.2 workstation at work to Qt2.2.4, and
KDE2.1, but when trying to install the BibleTime binary RPM
(bibletime-1.0.cvs.20010508-static.1mdk.i586.rpm) it complains that
it requires a list of dependancies:

libmng, libfreetype, libXft, libXrender and libstdc++-libc6.

It looks as though Brook is building packages on a Mandrake
distribution.  Is there a distribution that you have standardized
your development on?  I'm wondering if there should be other packages
added to the prerequisite list?

For example, to install KDE2.1 on my rh6.2 system, I needed to install
the libmng package at release 0.9.2.  But bibletime seems to need another
library (libmng.so.1) which is not provided in this release of libmng.

This is probably a good exercise to do to test the binary rpm.  However,
it also may point out unstated prerequisite package(s) as well.

Regards... Tim