[bt-devel] Missing bt-printing

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 11 May 2001 23:27:05 +0200

Hi!

> > No.
> > Please try to execute bibletime --debug and post the messages.
> > Your problem is really strange.
>
> I will do that later tonight when I am home.  I think that the issue
> must be in the area of a downlevel version of some dependent package.
> I tried upgrading my RedHat 6.2 workstation at work to Qt2.2.4, and
> KDE2.1, but when trying to install the BibleTime binary RPM
> (bibletime-1.0.cvs.20010508-static.1mdk.i586.rpm) it complains that
> it requires a list of dependancies:
>
> libmng, libfreetype, libXft, libXrender and libstdc++-libc6.
>
> It looks as though Brook is building packages on a Mandrake
> distribution.  Is there a distribution that you have standardized
> your development on?  I'm wondering if there should be other packages
> added to the prerequisite list?

No, we do not use a standard plattform. Developers compile sources for
theirselfe. After a release packages for all major distributions will be
published.

Maybe the problem is caused by RedHat 7's broken compiler?

> For example, to install KDE2.1 on my rh6.2 system, I needed to install
> the libmng package at release 0.9.2.  But bibletime seems to need another
> library (libmng.so.1) which is not provided in this release of libmng.

The RPM is for Mandrake 8, which is using obviously different versions of the
packages.

> This is probably a good exercise to do to test the binary rpm.  However,
> it also may point out unstated prerequisite package(s) as well.
>
> Regards... Tim

Joachim