[bt-devel] Missing bt-printing

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 10 May 2001 18:09:35 +0200

Hi!

> [snip of script]
>
> Thanks for the testing script.  When run, BibleTime finds enough of
> itself to present a tip that says "I don't know where the tips are".
> Before it was a blank box.  It also finds the mods.d conf files and
> presents the sword libraries I think I've installed.  Can't open
> them though and still hangs when you try.

You are using RedHat 6.2, right?
Where have you installed KDE2 and Qt2?
$KDEDIRS has to piunt to the KDE2 directory.
$KDEHOME should point to something like $HOME/.kde2

I never got BibleTime to hang. How old is your version? Please use the CVS if
you are not using it already.
Are the access rights of the module files correct?

Make sure you did a "make install" :)

> > /usr/local/sword/lib  #must point to the directory containing
> > libsword.so

> All I see in this directory is libsword.a.  I've built Sword v1.52 from the
> RPM on SourceForge and even went so far as downloading v1.51a from the
> CrossWire
> site. {Aside... where is v1.52 from?]  I suspect I must not be building
> the sword library correctly, as I'm not generating a shared object library?

Using a static Sword lib is correct, too.
1.52 is from current CVS of Sword, 1.51a doesn't work with BibleTime 1.0.

> When I run 'ldconfig -v' I see the sword directory reported, but
> no processing of the library.

This is OK, because libsword.a is static. ldconfig does only process shared
libs.

> Both build and install without event, but when running the testlib binary
> in the build directory fails to find any text.  Output looks like:

The testlib program is somehow weird :)

Go into the directory tests and execute ./mgrtest, this should show the
installed modules with some text of them.

> > /etc/sword.conf
> > Containing these lines
> > [Install]
> > DataPath=/usr/local/sword/share/  #must point to the location of the
> > sword folders locales.d, mods.d, and modules.
>
> This was done.

Do not include the comment, don't know if this is a failure.

Joachim