[bt-devel] Missing bt-printing

Tim Brodie bt-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 10 May 2001 14:17:18 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joachim Ansorg" <jansorg@gmx.de>
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2001 12:09 PM
Subject: Re: [bt-devel] Missing bt-printing

> You are using RedHat 6.2, right?

I was going to initially, but ran out of machine resources (no HDD space,
etc).
So I dedicated another machine that has rh7.0 installed.  Unfortunately v7.0
shipped with kde1, so I had to do the upgrades myself.

> Where have you installed KDE2 and Qt2?
> $KDEDIRS has to piunt to the KDE2 directory.
> $KDEHOME should point to something like $HOME/.kde2

I grabbed the kde2 rpms from kde.org and installed them to the defaults
(about 27 packages; version 2.1-0.70.2.)  $KDEDIRS=/usr/lib/kde2
I must have missed needing to set $KDEHOME in the docs.  Made no
difference though.

> I never got BibleTime to hang. How old is your version? Please use the CVS
if
> you are not using it already.

Yes I am using CVS; I checked out the current source yesterday.

> Are the access rights of the module files correct?

I believe that I've followed the FAQ directions.

> Make sure you did a "make install" :)

:-) Yes.  Sometimes I make these kind of errors, but not today!  :-D

> > > /usr/local/sword/lib  #must point to the directory containing
> > > libsword.so
>
> > All I see in this directory is libsword.a.  I've built Sword v1.52 from
the
> > RPM on SourceForge and even went so far as downloading v1.51a from the
> > CrossWire
> > site. {Aside... where is v1.52 from?]  I suspect I must not be building
> > the sword library correctly, as I'm not generating a shared object
library?

> Using a static Sword lib is correct, too.
> 1.52 is from current CVS of Sword, 1.51a doesn't work with BibleTime 1.0.

I rebuilt and installed from your rpm (1.52) and even turned on the option
to generate a shared object library.  No change.

> > When I run 'ldconfig -v' I see the sword directory reported, but
> > no processing of the library.
>
> This is OK, because libsword.a is static. ldconfig does only process
shared
> libs.
>
> > Both build and install without event, but when running the testlib
binary
> > in the build directory fails to find any text.  Output looks like:
>
> The testlib program is somehow weird :)
>
> Go into the directory tests and execute ./mgrtest, this should show the
> installed modules with some text of them.

I seems to display text ok.

> > > /etc/sword.conf
> > > Containing these lines
> > > [Install]
> > > DataPath=/usr/local/sword/share/  #must point to the location of the
> > > sword folders locales.d, mods.d, and modules.
> >
> > This was done.
>
> Do not include the comment, don't know if this is a failure.

There was not a comment in my file.

When I start from a terminal session I can see a message:
(BibleTime 1.0) WARNING: ASSERT: "group" in cgroupmanager.cpp (1221)

is this helpful?

Tim