[bt-devel] Missing bt-printing

Tim Brodie bt-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 10 May 2001 10:04:39 -0400

Thanks for your reply Fred.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Fred Saalbach" <saalbach@sybercom.net>
Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2001 9:28 PM
Subject: Re: [bt-devel] Missing bt-printing

> These two things might be related to the inability to find things.
>
> Launch bibletime by running the bibletime.start script.  (or run the
script in
> a teminal manually).  This sets up the environment for bibletime (ie tells
the
> system where the bibletime files and binaries are.
[snip of script]

Thanks for the testing script.  When run, BibleTime finds enough of
itself to present a tip that says "I don't know where the tips are".
Before it was a blank box.  It also finds the mods.d conf files and
presents the sword libraries I think I've installed.  Can't open
them though and still hangs when you try.

> make sure that the following files exist
>
> /etc/ld.so.conf
> containing this line (and possibly others)
> /usr/local/sword/lib  #must point to the directory containing  libsword.so

All I see in this directory is libsword.a.  I've built Sword v1.52 from the
RPM on SourceForge and even went so far as downloading v1.51a from the
CrossWire
site. {Aside... where is v1.52 from?]  I suspect I must not be building
the sword library correctly, as I'm not generating a shared object library?

When I run 'ldconfig -v' I see the sword directory reported, but
no processing of the library.

Both build and install without event, but when running the testlib binary
in the build directory fails to find any text.  Output looks like:

James 1:19

-------------------

=========================

> /etc/sword.conf
> Containing these lines
> [Install]
> DataPath=/usr/local/sword/share/  #must point to the location of the sword
> folders locales.d, mods.d, and modules.

This was done.

> If this does not help you have a problem that is new to me and one of the
> programmers will need to look at the problem.
>
> Fred Saalbach

Thanks.... Tim