[bt-devel] RPM problems with Sword RPM of CVS

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 9 May 2001 00:10:40 +0200

Hi Brook!
This eMail was send by the Slovak translator. He's having problems with the
RPM of Sword. Do you what's wrong with it?

Subject: Re: Slovak translation +explanation
Date: Tue, 08 May 2001 22:13:17 +0200
From: Zdenko Podobny <zdpo@mailbox.sk>
To: Joachim Ansorg <jansorg@gmx.de>

4.5.2001 17:13:43, Joachim Ansorg <jansorg@gmx.de> wrote:
>Thank you for the fast update! Now it looks like it's correct.

Well let me explain this 'problem'  I donwloaded bibletime1.00Beta and
 translated sk.po and tipdatabase...

Then you created www.bibletime.de/private/zdenko/ and send information about
 it. But 'at the time' (the same time means in the time I send my emails and
 check  for new emails - I do it at night) I send you translated BAD sk.po.
 And it looks like I am replying to your email... So it is my mistake (or
 mistake of my system with replying and sending emails).

Please if you update some files at www.bibletime.de/private/zdenko/ let me
 know about it.

Well I have another problem. I need to check some things in documentation and
 sk.po and I need to compile bibletime-cvs that is in
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/bibletime/bibletime-1.0.cvs.20010501-
static.1mdk.src.rpm
but I have problems with http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/bibletime/sword-
1.5.2.cvs.20010422-1mdk.src.rpm
I use Mandrake 7.2 and it is not able to work with
 sword-1.5.2.cvs.20010422-1mdk.src.rpm. I downloaded this file two times (to
 avoid problems with bad saved files and etc.) but it doesn't help. RPM and
 midnightcommander refuse this rpm file.
But they have no problem with bibletime-1.0.cvs.20010501-static.1mdk.src.rpm.
So please put there also tgz version of sword!  Without this version of sword
 I am not able to compile bibletime-cvs...

Zdenko