[bt-devel] Purpose statement and thoughts about1.1

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 8 May 2001 22:41:53 +0200

> Here are some thought about 1.1:

I just give a few short comments.

> -Support for reading and writing ThML should be implemented.

Might be too difficult and too big. Maybe we should wait for a) results of
the BibleTechConference and b) for Qt3. The Richtext stuff will then be good
and usable, especially extending it.

> -The class structure should be revised again. We should stay only with
> Sword as a backend, supporting other backends is not necessary any more. If
> we do so we could remove some classes like CKey, CModuleInfo, CPresenter,
> CBackend. Code in other classes would be simplified, because casts from
> CKey and the like would be unnecessary.

I'd disagree. Just leave it for now, it's working well. I can imagine we will
have some other backends in future (sermon editing, morphological things,
maps ...). We should leave it open imo.

> If we remove CKey we should implement a base class for Sword keys, so we
> could pass Sword keys to functions or classes like CPrintItem. A type
> function should also be added.

Maybe we should think about working in sword code to speed up the process.
But I guess I am not good enough.   :(

Martin