[bt-devel] rpms

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 8 May 2001 22:36:02 +0200

> no at this time it does not check to see if sword.conf is already there but
> that would be easy enough to add.
>
> > Did you include this somewhere in the bibletime.spec file? We should try
> > to have the rpms in a standardized way, also the ones created by other
> > people.
>
> I try to make the rpm's standard for each distro they are built for. That
> is to say mandrake, caldera, redhat, suse, etc. all do things a little
> different but with only small modifications to the spec it can be set up to
> build easily on all these systems. So in that respect by making my spec
> file in this way it lessens the amount of time to produce rpm's for each
> system.

Please make the additions in the spec. It might be a good idea to insert
helpful comments (e.g. on static builds, different distros, general rpm
building process) there - this would be a good place. Please do not use your
own version of the spec file to do the guru stuff. Rather change the spec
file in cvs.
What I want is as much trancparency as possible. That will keep the project
dynamic and open for new people coming and taking over the places of the
leaving. It's not about being fussy!

> No this is not so much an issue. As building rpm's for bibletime is
> actually easy but when you start to add in static build and file generation
> it takes a little more time to get it going but all in all it's still an
> easy build.
>
> Sword on the other hand is more involved.

Martin