[bt-devel] Important language questions

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 24 Mar 2001 13:45:24 +0100

> Can we call the presenters "Document window" ? Interactive is not right at
> the moment :)
> Or is "Text window" better?

Well, what we are dealing with are not really "documents", right?
What about "display window"?
We could also say "bible (display) window", "commentary (display) window" and
"lexicon (display) window"; but there should be a general term.

> "Group Manager" is also hard to translate into German.
> If everybody agress to "Document Index" I'll use it.

Maybe "main index"? Or "main tree"?
"Document" is not the best fitting word IMO.

> If you press the right mouse button on the module list and result list you
> have some options.
> For example it's possible to copy a key into clipboard and another option
> is to copy the key with it's text into the clipboard.
> Is there a better word for "Key with text"?

A key with a text is a bible verse, at least in bibles. So verse key and
verse text could be good names. E.g. "print verse key + text".

Sorry if my propsals are bad, I'm just a German like Joachim.

Martin