[bt-devel] Important language questions

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 24 Mar 2001 12:08:01 +0100

> > > This could be called an interactive document window.
> >
> > Are there different terms for the windows containing Bibles, commentaries
> > and lexicons?
>
> I don't think there need to be, as all are presenting documents.  remember
> in the future these could also include pictures, sound or watever sword
> adds to the module base.

Can we call the presenters "Document window" ? Interactive is not right at
the moment :)
Or is "Text window" better?

> > > Document Index
> >
> > Is this really fitting?
>
> I will admit that calling a bookmark a document is a bit of a stretch,  but
> a group is as assembly of documents (in the O'Reily book on docbook this is
> called a document set).  The only modules available now are text documents.
>  In the future other things may be added - here there seems to be some
> confusion as to what to call a mixed media document, so I think we can do
> what seems most inntuitive for the user.
> If you use the term "Group Manager", in the english version it should be
> formated as two words with both capitalized.

"Group Manager" is also hard to translate into German.
If everybody agress to "Document Index" I'll use it.

> > > I probably would not use this phrase when writing as what we are
> > > talking about is a verse number (or key) which identifies a section of
> > > text.
> >
> > But how should I say in a menu to print the kex with it's text (e.g. in
> > the searchdialog) ??
>
> I think you are referring to the "Search Result".  I think it is clear as
> is, and does not need any more detail.  The only thing I would change here
> is that "Found entries:" should be changed to "Entries found"

If you press the right mouse button on the module list and result list you
have some options.
For example it's possible to copy a key into clipboard and another option is
to copy the key with it's text into the clipboard.
Is there a better word for "Key with text"?

Joachim
- --
Joachim Ansorg
BibleTime - www.bibletime.de - info@bibletime.de
BibleTime is an easy to use Bible study tool for KDE / Linux.